Octane rating tips

Using unleaded gasoline with an octane rating lower than recommended can cause persistent, heavy “spark knock”. (Spark knock is a metallic rapping noise.) If severe, this can lead to engine damage. If you detect a persistent heavy spark knock even when using gasoline of the stated octane rating, or if you hear steady spark knock while holding a steady speed on level roads, have a NISSAN dealer correct the condition. Failure to correct the condition is misuse of the vehicle, for which NISSAN is not responsible.

Incorrect ignition timing will result in spark knock, after-run and/or overheating, which may cause excessive fuel consumption or engine damage. If any of the above symptoms are encountered, have your vehicle checked at a NISSAN dealer.

However, now and then you may notice light spark knock for a short time while accelerating or driving up hills. This is not a cause for concern, because you get the greatest fuel benefit when there is light spark knock for a short time under heavy engine load.

- Your vehicle is not designed to run

- Your vehicle is not designed to run on E-85 fuel. Using E-85 fuel in a vehicle not specifically designed for E-85 fuel can damage fuel system components and is not covered by the NISSAN new vehicle limited warranty.

- E-85 is a mixture of approximately 85% fuel ethanol and 15% unleaded gasoline.

- U.S. government regulations require ethanol dispensing pumps to be identified by a small, square, orange and black label with the common abbreviation or the appropriate percentage for that region.

    See also:

    Freeing a frozen door lock
    To prevent a door lock from freezing, apply deicer through the key hole. If the lock becomes frozen, heat the key before inserting it into the key hole or use the remote keyless entry function on ...

    Ending a call
    To finish the call, perform one of the following procedures: ● Select the “Hang up” key on the “Call in Progress” display. ● Push the switch on the steering wheel. ...

    Passenger compartment
    Never use a fuse of a higher or lower amperage rating than that specified on the fuse box cover. This could damage the electrical system or cause a fire. If any electrical equipment d ...