NISSAN Intelligent Key™ (if so equipped)
● Radio waves could adversely affect electric medical equipment. Those who use a pacemaker should contact the electric medical equipment manufacturer for the possible influences before use.
● The Intelligent Key transmits radio waves when the buttons are pressed.
The FAA advises the radio waves may affect aircraft navigation and communication systems. Do not operate the Intelligent Key while on an airplane. Make sure the buttons are not operated unintentionally when the unit is stored for a flight.
The Intelligent Key can operate all the door locks using the remote controller function or pushing the request switch on the vehicle without taking the key out from a pocket or purse. The operating environment and/or conditions may affect the Intelligent Key operation.
Be sure to read the following before using the Intelligent Key.
● Be sure to carry the Intelligent Key with you when operating the vehicle.
● Never leave the Intelligent Key in the vehicle when you leave the vehicle.
The Intelligent Key is always communicating with the vehicle as it receives radio waves. The Intelligent Key transmits weak radio waves. Environmental conditions may interfere with the operation of the Intelligent Key under the following operating conditions.
● When operating near a location where strong radio waves are transmitted, such as a TV tower, power station and broadcasting station.
● When in possession of wireless equipment, such as a cellular telephone, transceiver, and CB radio.
● When the Intelligent Key is in contact with or covered by metallic materials.
● When any type of radio wave remote control is used nearby.
● When the Intelligent Key is placed near an electric appliance such as a personal computer.
● When the vehicle is parked near a parking meter.
In such cases, correct the operating conditions before using the Intelligent Key function or use the mechanical key.
Although the life of the battery varies depending on the operating conditions, the battery’s life is approximately 2 years. If the battery is discharged, replace it with a new one.
When the Intelligent Key battery is low, the Intelligent Key system warning light ( ) will blink green for about 30 seconds after the ignition switch is placed in the ON position.
Since the Intelligent Key is continuously receiving radio waves, if the key is left near equipment which transmits strong radio waves, such as signals from a TV and personal computer, the battery life may become shorter.
For information regarding replacement of a battery, see “Battery replacement” in the “Maintenance and do-it-yourself” section.
For models with a steering wheel lock mechanism.
Because the steering wheel is locked electrically, unlocking the steering wheel with the ignition switch in the LOCKposition is impossible when the vehicle battery is completely discharged.
Unlocking the steering wheel is impossible even if the Intelligent key is inserted into the Intelligent Key port. Pay special attention that the vehicle battery is not completely discharged.
As many as 4 Intelligent Keys can be registered and used with one vehicle. For information about the purchase and use of additional Intelligent Keys, contact a NISSAN dealer.
Listed below are conditions or occurrences which will damage the Intelligent Key.
● Do not allow the Intelligent Key, which contains electrical components, to come into contact with water or salt water. This could affect the system function.
● Do not drop the Intelligent Key.
● Do not strike the Intelligent Key sharply against another object.
● Do not change or modify the Intelligent Key.
● Wetting may damage the Intelligent Key. If the Intelligent Key gets wet, immediately wipe until it is completely dry.
● Do not place the Intelligent Key for an extended period in an area where temperatures exceed 140°F (60°C).
● Do not attach the Intelligent Key with a key holder that contains a magnet.
● Do not place the Intelligent Key near equipment that produces a magnetic field, such as a TV, audio equipment and personal computers.
If an Intelligent Key is lost or stolen, NISSAN recommends erasing the ID code of that Intelligent Key from the vehicle. This may prevent the unauthorized use of the Intelligent Key to operate the vehicle. For information regarding the erasing procedure, contact a NISSAN dealer.
Seat belt warning chime
The seat belt warning chime will sound for about 6 seconds unless the driver’s seat belt is securely fastened. ...
During the first 1,200 miles (2,000 km), follow these recommendations to obtain maximum engine performance and ensure the future reliability and economy of your new vehicle. Failure to f ...
Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) fluid
CAUTION: - Use only Genuine NISSAN CVT Fluid NS-2. Do not mix with other fluids. - Using transmission fluid other than Genuine NISSAN CVT Fluid NS-2 will damage the CVT, which is not covered ...